NSF: Nanoscale S&T in 1998/99
Initiatives & funding opportunities for nanotechnology
- NSF 98-20 (Small-groups for functional nanostructures; Solicitation with deadline on February 17, 1998)
- NNUN (national nanofabrication userís network; four-year renewal evaluation in 1998); New MRSECs: UK, Columbia U.
- STTR (small business technology transfer; Solicitation on Nanotechnology issued in July 1998; deadline Dec. 14, 1998)
- Exploratory research on bio-systems at nanoscale (1999)
- Continue: Individual programs in MPS, ENG, BIO, CISE, and SBE.; Centers (STC, ERC,MRSEC) in open competition; GOALI participation; education.
Nanoscale Science and Technology is an area highlighted in NSF budget for 1998/99 ($75M/y; ~ 2.7% of Res. budget)