EXAMPLE OF CROSS-CUTTING LINKAGES: DESIGN FOR ENVIRONMENT FOR CMPPROCESS
- Process environmental targets
- Need for treatment equipment
- Treatment System configuration and requirements
Source: Applied Materials
A. Communication Issues
1. Results are transferred, not analysis.
2. Boundaries of analyses are different for differentplayers
4. Interactions between different groups across players (eg:EHS in
Manufacturer to Process groups in equipment supplier, Processgroups in
Manufacturer to EHS groups in supplier, developmental groupsin OEM)
B. Difference in drivers
1. Ideal solution for Semiconductor Manufacturer is differentfrom Equipment
Supplier and OEM
C. System integration issues
1. Influence of environmental solutions on systems is notwell understood.
Environmental, cost and performance parameters areintertwined.
Published July 13, 2000; WTEC Workshop on Environmentally Benign Manufacturing (EBM) Technologies