Challenges for Supply Chain Data Standardization
Data type and specificity
- Relevance to environmental objectives
- Energy efficiency? Toxic material use minimization? Recycling?
- Use for data
- Tracking or confirming supplier performance?
- Selecting material/ component for design?
- Consideration of proprietary issues
- Linking of environmental and other factors(cost, quality, performance) foruse in design
Database location, access, and protocol
Boundaries/ normalization/ aggregation
- Who is responsible for activities?
- Who gets credit for results?
- How is performance assessed accross organizations?
Published July 13, 2000; WTEC Workshop on Environmentally Benign Manufacturing (EBM) Technologies